Naming And Shaming

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
So I tried out a new control panel called Cyberpanel that uses US firm's openlitespeed webserver instead of the normal (old fashioned) apache server. At first it all downloaded and worked fine but then they released some updates but when my servers (different servers in different Countries) tried to download them, the speed were sometimes in the bytes per second but more typically in the kb/sec (slower than dial up) and hours to download the 100mb file, which normally takes about three seconds as these servers have a one gigabyte/sec download speed. Software from other vendors are downloading normally, so it is the children at litespeed that are deliberately throttling their servers just to (try and) annoy me.

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 12-22-54.png

So slow that sometimes it times out and you have to either try again or say fuck this back to apache, which is opensource and NOT owned by a US company.

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 12-24-14.png

...and this is what happens on a new install that I tried as a test, it installed without a hitch yesterday.

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 12-40-55.png

However, I am quite a persistent sort of person and after about 3 hours the 100MB upgrade file was finally downloaded to my server and the latest version of lsphp (litespeedPHP) was successfully installed

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 14-52-04.png

I also did a speed test on the server, here are the results as a comparison typical broadband is 16MB standard and up to 100MB for fiber download and usually not much for upload.

and that test was done downloading (then uploading) a 1000MB file from a server more than 1000KM away.

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 15-04-40.png

Last edited: