Mobile Phone Madness

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
About 10 days ago my old generic smartphone that I got in 2017 finally gave up. Then I was having problem paying for things as paypal would not let make payments or enter my account without first replying to a text that they send to my mobile and my bank was doing the same. So today I went to Argos and asked for a cheap sim free phone that will work on my 3 network so I can replace my existing sim and get paypal texts. They must have second guessed me as they sold me a phone but when I got home found it didn't work on 3 network, so they sold me a more expensive phone which was just the big brother of the phone I already had and also would not work on 3. So I took it back again and the guy started farting around wondering why it did not work, blaming my sim etc, meanwhile a bunch of Women with kids shouting at the top of their voices (as if being told to) was making it impossible to communicate with the phone guy.

Eventually I got a refund and went to a phone shop owned by a guy of Pakistan descent. This guy was a gentleman with no hidden agenda (or screaming kids) who sold me a refurbished Samsung Galaxy with a 3 month Warranty and 16GB's of storage for £99, a little more than I wanted to pay but guess what it is working perfectly (on my 3 SIM) and as soon as I work out what all the buttons are for.....

Last edited: