Hacked By GCHQ

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
So I have two hard drives for my computer, one has Windows 10 and the other has (or had) Linux Mint. Prefering the Linux OS because it is faster than Windows and (so I thought) more secure. Just like windows has Microsoft Edge browser hard coded into it's operating system and other browsers (Firefox eg) have to be installed seperately, Linux Mint ships with Firefox as it's default browser hard codeed into it's operating system. For that reason (just like Windows & Edge) Firefox gets updated by the official Linux updates not by updating Firefox on it's own. You type in 'apt update' to the terminal which is the same as using 'Windows update' and it tells you if there are updates available for the operating system and/or Firefox if like the other day there are updates available you type 'apt upgrade' and they install

Getting to the point, it told me there is a new version of Firefox available so I installed it, then I noticed that I was having issues with sites disconnecting and when I went to watch a program on a (paid for) catchup TV service, the sound stopped working just as a program I watch every week was about to start. So I also have my paid for TV service on my Android phone as an app and it was working fine, vision and sound. Problem was it is on a different sattelite and a 3 second delay between sound on phone and picture on PC. Phone is a bit small for TV so I fired up Windows and the TV program and it's sound were working perfectly.

So after the program finished, I went back to Linux but the problem persisted, so I installed another Firefox based browser (Mullvad browser) and the TV was working fine, vision & sound.

Not everyone has the ability to build an official Firefox browser that is specific for me and does not work properly on websites owned by me or sites (TV site eg) that are frequented by me, then get it to install on my computer via the propewr Linux security update mechanism. Only State funded orgonisations like GCHQ could pull off such a hack. Nothing to do with National Security but everything to do with childish, petty unelected Royals and/or politicians using State resources to stop me watching my favourite TV program!