Politically Inept

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
It is Labour's inept leader that needs to be 're-thought' as he keeps coming up with these dumb ill thought out ideas and along with his Lib Dem mate (Sir) Ed thinks that the occasional woman is born with a dick? He (or they) should be looking at their own foreheads for one of those!

Screenshot from 2023-05-29 11-18-10.png

Don't get me wrong, green energy is a good thing but it needs to be a technological motivated change and not a politically motivated one.

In other words, once the technology is available and proved to be reliable but that will take longer than most politicians would care to admit. meanwhile we need to rely on what we know works.

I am not convinced that electricity is greener or cheaper than oil or gas. Electricity is expensive for a reason, it's difficult to generate and distribute. We can barely keep the lights on in winter without idiots like (Str) Keir blindly converting petrol cars to electric ones. Electric cars are (for now) exempt from fuel duty, making them seem to be cheap to run. If (Sir) Keir was an economist not a lawyer (or if he had common sense) he'd know that can't be sustained.

...and what happens when there is a danger of the lights going out??? You are are forced to start generating (more) electricity with gas or even coal!!! How is that green?

As far as I am concerned electric cars (for the time being) are good for trips to the shops and short commutes and incentives could be offered for that sort of use but they are NOT for the open road.

Last edited: