Fire Risk

MandelaTwo

Administrator
Staff member
My front door, like most others is a huge lump of wood, except that it has a full height bit of toughened glass in it so you can see who is knocking. Of course I am no ordinary tennant and they were sending people (including children) to just hang around outside my door (in the close) which is slightly intimidatory when you need to go for a piss eg. So to overcome this issue, I hung a curtain on the inside of the door so I can no longer see people in the close and they can no longer see me unless I open the curtain.

Today I got a letter from the so called Housing Association saying they are going to do a random fire inspection of some of the front doors in my block (my door) but no where else in the house and she needs access to see the rear of the door as well as the front? Now correct me if I am wrong but is a door not similar if not the same on both sides? Except of course for my curtain?

Firstly I won't be answering the door to her as I know what she's about...and even if she did tell me to remove my curtain, I would tell her to go F*&k herself!

However the timing of this person's proposed visit has been noted and appropriate precautions will be taken!